Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Smile Please!

So you go to your doctor and you’re asked what your problem is.

"Doctor," you sigh, "I have no smiles left in me."
"What do you mean? Smiles cannot be measured."
"I’m telling you the truth doctor, I have no smiles left."

The doctor does an examination where he turns you upside down and gives you a good shake. Nothing comes out.

"I believe you’re right," he says. "I diagnose you as having a rare condition known as Miserable-old-fart Sydrome. I’m sorry but there’s nothing I or anyone else can do for you."

Of course this is not likely to happen. We’ve got infinite smiles within us but anyone would think that wasn’t the case with the many long faces I see sometimes. Smiles are God’s way of radiating joy to others.

Smiles, like inspiration, are endless. I’m constantly hearing writers speaking about ‘writer’s block.’ Some even say that we have our creative periods. God is creativity. Every moment is filled with ever-new moments of creativity. If God had Her way I would be writing every moment of the day. This is when I have to put my foot down and say with a big smile of course, GET A LIFE!

So I figured, why not kill two birds with one stone? Why not write stories that make people smile; if only a wee wry one, get it? a weary smile?

I’m radiating a BIG SMILE to you all.

Lots of fun,
Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings